Some Basic laws every Indian must know
2.In the event of accidents relating domestic LPG, consumers are entitled to a risk cover of up to Rs 40 lakh in case of loss of life or damage to property due to cylinder explosions. All registered LPG consumers are covered under an insurance policy taken by the PSU Oil Companies.
3. If a police officer fails to or refuses to record your initial complaint, he can receive a jail term of six months to two years
4. Whenever a person is arrested, police officials must wear visible and legible identification when arresting a person and when carrying out interrogation. Names and particulars of police personnel handling interrogation must be recorded in the register.
5. Prostitution (exchange of money for sex) is legal but, organised prostitution is illegal.pimping, brothel-keeping and soliciting sex in any other way
6. In case a police officer asks someone to provide a specimen of breath for a breath test, the person must obey. If he refuses or fails to do so and the policeman have reasonable cause to suspect him of having alcohol in his blood, and he can be arrested without a warrant, unless he is hospitalised.
7. When arrested, it is the right of every detained person to know the grounds for detention or questioning.
8. The moment a cheque bounces with the endorsement “Insufficient Funds”, go to a lawyer and send the person a legal notice demanding your money. This has to be done within 30 days of bouncing of the cheque. Once that person receives your notice, he is required by law to pay you your money within the next 15 days. His failure to do so, gives you a right to file a criminal case against him for cheque bouncing
9.While buying an immovable property – (Like Flat or Land)
Giving a public notice in the newspaper is a must. It doesn’t matter which one. It need not be English. Any state language too will do. And any newspaper with some circulation will do. This Public notice is what protects your interest in the court of law if you face any litigation regarding your purchased property.
10. You will not believe this. provision regarding requisition of motor vehicle is provided under Section 160 of the The Representation of People Act and not only the car, but even animal or house can be sought for the purpose of election.
i.e Any politician can borrow anything legally from you for the purpose of election campaign